The International Olympics Committee has been hotly debating whether Esports should have a place in the Olympic Games. New sports have been added over the last few years, Baseball/softball, surfing, & skateboarding will make their Olympic debut in 2020.
- Would people take eSports in the Olympics seriously?
- What particular games do you think should be featured if eSports DID find a place in the Olympics?
- Thomas Bach, president of the IOC made a statement that violent games should not have a place within the Olympics and pointed towards simulation games such as soccer, football and other genres as future possibilities as options. Does this seem like a good move?
- How does the continued evolution of gaming work in an eternal contest like the Olympics?
- Should Video Games be featured in the Olympics?
PS Plus Freebies:
PS4/PSVita Cross buy
Xbox Games with Gold:
- Forza Motorsport 5: Game of the Year Edition $39.99
- Oxenfree $19.99
- Hydro Thunder Hurricane (360) $14.99
- Battlefield 3 (360) $19.99
Is Nintendo about to lost $10 million?
- A jury in the state of Texas has awarded iLife $10 million for a lawsuit against Nintendo for patent infringement of the Nintendo Wii Remote.
- iLife Technologies inc. uses motion sensing accelerometer technology to prevent sudden infant death syndrome, and for eldery to watch out for falls
- Nintendo uses similar tech for motion sensing in the Wii Remote controlls
- Nintendo disagrees with the decision and will take these issues to the district court and court of appeals
- What are your thoughts on this outcome?
- Do you think Nintendo DID in fact infringe on this patent?
- Because Nintendo plans to appeal this, they technically have not lost yet
- How will Nintendo prove they are innocent on this?
- If the final verdict still deems Nintendo guilty, will this change anything for Nintendo?
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi character Rey, has officially made it! Rey is receiving her own Build-a-Bear toy! The force bear costs $35 credits and an additiona $12 for her lightsaber!
- Will Smith isn’t just causing delays for Bad Boys 3; his busy schedule has also delayed the scheduling of filming for Suicide Squad 2!
- Apple has announced it will host a “special event” keynote speech on September 12th. I wonder what they could be revealing?
- Sony will be releasing its throwback “Crystal” or see through controllers this October. These will come in ‘murica! Variants. Red, white and blue.
- A film telling the story of J.R. Tolkein will be made detailing his life before writing the famous fantasy epic and will show is involvement in World War 1.
- In an interview with IGN Unfiltered, Gearbox CEO Randy Pitchford stated that the cell shading in their critically acclaimed role playing shooter, Borderlands, placed a limit on the success and possible audience size.
- Pokemon GO! Adds new legendaries from Pokemon Silver/Gold; Raikou, Suicune and Entei. Perfect timing for the re-release of these classic games on the 3DS!
- Joss Whedon will receive a screenplay/writing credit for his work on the reshoots and edits for Justilce League, while Zack Snyder will still receive solo directing credit.
- A special Street Fighter 2 30th anniversary Glow in the Dark SNES cartridge will be available the two versions are limited to 4500 and 1000 copies each. Each can be purchased on iam8bit at $100 smackers each.
- Nintendo indies was a big showcase of over 17 indie titles new and porting to the Switch. Nintendo seems to be continuing to get 3rd party support very quickly.