Games w/ Gold, PS Plus & Twitch/Prime Games
Games w/ Gold
Total Value: $49.97
- Risen 3: Titan Lords (PS3/PS4) $19.99
- Eat Them! (PS3/PS4) $9.99
- King Oddball (Cross Buy) 4.99
Total Value: $104.95
- Psychonauts $9.99
- Gone Home $14.99
- Clustertruck $14.99
- High Hell $9.99
- I, Hope $9.99
Total Value: $59.95
Is 2018 the greatest year of the modern gaming era?!
- We are barely into May and we’ve seen stellar releases across several genres; God of War, Sea of Thieves, Dragonball Fighter Z, Monster Hunter World, Ni No Kuni 2, A Way Out, Celeste, Far Cry 5. Detroit: Become Human is nearly here. We literally haven’t even hit E3. Thoughts?
- What would constitute the greatest year in gaming? What do we need to see or what needs to happen?
- Is there another year that we can loosely recall as matching up?
- Do things get better from here, or is this a highpoint that won’t often be attainable?
Netflix is Changing its focus and trends in entertainment
The top streaming subscription service will, based on what analysts report have approximately 30% of its new original programming be centered on Sci-fi and some fantasy. Comedy genres were at one point its highest-rated genre and sci-fi has taken over. This comes after the wave of strong sci-fi shows such as Stranger Things, Black Mirror, Lost in Space, Voltron: Legendary Defender, Altered Carbon 3%, and films such as Bright and The Cloverfield Paradox.
- Thoughts on this trend?
- Sci-fi is no longer a niche field and is very very mainstream, apparently. Are there ANY genres that are niche? Are there even Niche’s at this point? Is everything now just part of a pop culture consumer industry waiting to be propelled forward?
- Is this a good or bad thing?
- Super Smash Bros on Switch will be playable at this year’s E3! YEEEE!!!
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider, the third title in the rebooted line of the franchise released its teaser trailer and it’s much darker in tone than ever before.
- Nintendo promises to support its 3DS line through 2019 and potentially beyond.
- Fortnite is being regarded as the biggest free to play console game of all time. It’s monthly sales in April surpassed $220 million dollars across all platforms. This is a free to play game, people.
- In other Fortnite news, its developer Epic Games continues to pursue legal action against a 14-year-old who is accused of cheating in the game. The child’s mother has attempted to request the case be dismissed and Epic has yet to cease its lawsuit.
- More than 6 months after the end of Rick & Morty Season 3 and negotiations for the Season 4 contract have yet to be ironed out.
- Belgium now joins the shortlist of countries that are beginning to declare Loot Boxes illegal.
- Super Sayain Blue Vegito has been leaked and will appear as a playable character in Dragonball Fighter Z
- Microsoft has announced that Discord, the free voice/text service will be available for use with Xbox Live soon.
- Quick Peak into our Avengers: Infinity War Review, go check it out if you haven’t. Each of us choose 5 words to describe the movie. Not a sentence. Go.