Loot Box controversy: Certain countries are beginning to take a look to determine if Loot Boxes and Loot system are considered a form of gambling? (open discussion)
Revitalizing a Game Franchise: Some series stick around for decades while others fade into obscurity. Franchises like Mario, Zelda, COD, Final Fantasy seem to simply stay on top while other franchises ebb and flow. What makes a franchise stand the test of time?
What do franchises need to do get that adrenaline surge to become relevant again?
1 year of the Super co-op squad:
It’s been one full year of the podcast! What are some of the things about the show that you love?
How has the show impacted your life? Where do you see the show going from here?
- Limited Run Games has a new partnership with Nintendo to release their games on the Nintendo Switch! Their first game will sometime next year
- Bungie has taken down the recent ‘Trials of the Nine’ Multiplayer mode for two weeks due to emote glitches that allow players to walk out of bounds
- Netflix plans to produce 30 new anime series in 2018
- Poke’mon GO introduces new Halloween event and Gen 3 Poke’mon might release by the end of this year
- Nintendo Switch’s new 4.0 update allows video capture for up to 30 seconds of gameplay, transfer of saved game data, and also allows you to transfer your user account data from one Switch to another
- Dragonball Fighterz add two more characters, Nappa and Captain Ginyu
- Sony unveils a new, smaller PS4 controller aimed for kids. This new controller will be wired with a 10 foot cable, and does not have a light bar nor a touch pad
- Activision files patent for a microtransaction engine that will match similar players up to “encourage the player to make future purchases to achieve similar gameplay results”
- Video Game site Eurogamer hints at signs that Lego Dimensions will end after its 2 year cycle
- One Piece is it tugging on Batman’s cape! The One-Piece comic is growing incrementally in sales so much, that at this rate it could pass Batman in sales within a year