- Games used to be on cartridge or disc and that was all the game you got. Than PC games began creating expansion on discs that gave you more playability. Fast Forward 20 years and now patches auto update to your console or PC immediately, almost every Triple A title has a Season Pass and the lifespan of a title is far extended do to the creators being able to continue working on the title well after its release.
- So today, we’re not discussing the good or bad aspects of DLC or what is fair for pricing. Today we’re discussing how far a game CAN as far as longevity, how far it SHOULD go and what factors into the game continuing to be successful years after release with additional content.
- Examples Good AND Bad: GTA: V, Overwatch, Diablo III, all the CODS, Counter Strike GO, Pokemon GO, Angry Birds, Plants vs Zombies, Fire Emblem Heroes, Clash of Clans
- As time has gone on the difficulty of games has ebbed and flowed. The early 90’s saw games have brutal learning curves and near impossible levels that needed mastering in order to complete games. The 2000’s saw the rise of soft platformers like super Mario 64, spyro, crash bandicoot and easy going save points and check points. Only recently have games begun moving back into extreme difficulty with offering such as Dark Souls, Super Meat Boy and a handful of others.
- Has the difficulty of games changed for the better or the worse?
- What sort of game difficulty do you like to have to experience your games?
With Spider-Man: Homecoming having released this weekend we’re going to take a look at the MCU and see where Marvel goes from here. These are the upcoming MCU Phase 3 films:
Thor: Ragnarok (2017)
Black Panther (2018)
Avengers: Infinity War (2018)
Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018)
Captain Marvel (2019)
Untitled Avengers film (2019)
Untitled Spider-Man: Homecoming sequel (2019)
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 (TBA)
- What stands out to me is that many of the upcoming films are starring a slew of new heroes and actors. While this is good for the brand and the on-screen universe that Marvel has created, it begs the question; what happens to the mega popular characters we’ve come to love over the last decade when the actors that portray them have expiring contracts?
- Robert Downey Jr.: Spider-Man Homecoming, Avengers: Infinity War, surprisingly he is not listed as appearing in Avengers: 4 or Infinity Wars Pt 2 (whatever it’s called.)
- Chris Evans: The Next 2 Avengers Movies and supposedly a cameo in Spider-Man Homecoming; we’ll see in about 36 hours if that’s true. He had a 6-movie deal
- Chris Hemsworth: Slated for Thor Ragnarok and the next two Avengers films.
- Mark Ruffalo: Thor 3 and the next two Avengers films. He has a guaranteed 6 film deal so he should have one more deal after the 3 aforementioned titles.
- Scarlet Johanson: Confirmed only for Avengers Infinity War but she has stated that her contract has morphed and mutated quite a bit. Other actors have confirmed they are in both upcoming films but she has yet to do so. Perhaps still ironing things out or perhaps she is not included in this one?
- Jeremy Renner: Confirmed for A: IW but not the next Avenger film. Rumors state that there is a standalone Hawkeye film in his contract but that is all it is at this point; Rumor.
- Don Cheadle: He has been confirmed for no upcoming films but rumors say he still has films on his contract. He refuses to speak about it when interviewed.
- Anthony Mackie: A:IW confirmed. He has not disclosed if he is in any future films.
- Elizabeth Olsen: A:IW but writers and and directors have made subtle hints she might be used more.
- Paul Bettany: A:IW slightly confirmed: He has an Infinity Stone in his head; so he’s gotta be there. Right?
- Paul Rudd: Ant Man & the Wasp, strongly suspected as being in A:IW stating his contract is a 3 plus, plus deal.
- Evangline Lilly: Ant Man & the Wasp Avengers: 4. She is not confirmed for A: IW
- Chadwick Boseman: 5 movie deal: Black Panther, not confirmed for A:IW but strongly suspected.
- Tom Holland: has a 4 movie deal. A:IW A:4, Spidey, Spidey 2 and we’ll see from there.
- Benedict Cumberbatch: Thor: Ragnaork, A:IW, from there we don’t know.
- Sebastian Stan: Bucky/Winter Soldier is on a 9 film contract and has only been in 3 movies. So you know. Boom.
- And the list goes on and on with the Guardians as well.
- What do they do? Do they reboot? Get new actors? Just have the characters exit stage right in some sort of plot device that explains them not being there?
- What other heroes would you like for them to include?
- What’s the one character that they absolutely shouldn’t lose as they move forward?
- Which title are you most looking forward to in the upcoming phase 3 list?
- The upcoming Phase 4 MCU film, Captain Marvel, is reported to see Samuel L. Jackson reprise his role as Nick Fury.
- Overwatch continues adding content and characters as the highly anticipated Doomfist is now playable in PTR and soon to be made playable to the general public.
- The second DLC for Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild will still see Link as the main protagonist but have a heavy focus Zelda and learning more about her.
- The popular DS puzzle game series Professor Layton returns in Layton’s Mystery Journey and is set to debut on iOS and Android devices later this month. Will the series find success moving away from its Nintendo roots?
- Spider-Man Homecoming 2 should be expected to have a never seen on the screen villain according to the Marvel Studio president Kevin Feige. Who gets pulled from the Spidey rogues gallery?
- Pokemon GO! Celebrates its 1 year anniversary with a wild Pikachu wearing Ash Ketchum’s hat and a discounted Anniversary box that will hold a cadre of items.
- Hulu continues its battle in Live TV and Streaming as it acquires both Cinemax and HBO as add ons at $15 and $10 respectively.
- Horizon: Zero Dawn gets a free update and now includes New Game+ and Ultra Hard mode.
- Diablo 3 releases its latest update; Rise of the Necromancer to much critical acclaim from its fanbase. How much more can Blizzard do with a game over 5 years old?
- Wizards of the Coast released its latest expansion, Hour of Devestation, while the digital TCG Fable Fortune releases later this month and Hearthstone’s newest expansion drops in August. Can the king of TCG’s maintain its dominance with so many other competitors nipping at its heels?
Super Co-op Squad is a weekly talk show all about discussing gaming, comics and the movies and TV’s show that spawn from them with unique perspective, from the minds of three very different gamers. SCS is a crew of three friends who love chopping it up about games and all the media they love and thought, “Hey, we do this all the time anyway so lets do it in a podcast!”. Join the Super Co-op Squad as they talk about current gaming trends, upcoming titles, movies & more, and give their (mostly) unbiased opinions on everything from the current state of gaming to which Marvel and DC movies are best! Come and enjoy great banter between great friends about all the topics you love (and love to hate) each week!
- Follow us on Instagram
- Follow us on Twitter
- Chat with us on Facebook)
- Website Home
Check us out wherever you listen to podcasts!