Show Notes Episode 18
@:02:30 Going forward All Future Halo shooters will have split screen support
- During DICE 2017, 343 Industries Bonnie Ross discussed future Halo FPS having simpler stories, split-screen support and better mulit-player launches. (Halo 5 was the first FPS in the series that had no local split screen play)
- How big of an impact did removing local co-op have in the lack of success for this game?
- Will bringing it back also help return Halo to its former glory on the top of the FPS pile?
- Now when they say simpler stories, what could that mean and what would you want it to mean?
@12 minutes Cloudflare (a website cyber security company) has a HUGE data leak.
- Being titled Cloudbleed, Cloudfare had a loop hole in their security that has just been found by a security analyst from Google’s Project Zero.
- Essentially, Cloudflare cyber security stores important info (passwords, credit cards, login info, personal data in a secure location (digital location of course not a real place) Through an error, this “place” became “full” and the program began storing bits of the data important data throughout unsecure areas cached throughout the internet on many different sites through many different browsers (Bing, Google Chrome,
- This loop hole has been open since September of 2016 (over 6 months) and ranges to dozens and dozens of major websites with Cloudflare .
- Cloudflare cyber security and various protection services have a hand in at least 10% of all web traffic. 10 PERCENT!!!!!
- A spokesperson from Cloudflare has stated that while they do have an estimate as to how much data was leaked, they DO NOT know how well spread knowledge of the leak was and thus how much data was stolen by hackers.
- How big of an issue is this?
- Will this become an ever increasing issue for us as a society?
- How often should one change passwords?
- Realistically; how often do YOU change passwords?
@0:25:15 Fan Favorites
@0:45:10 March Games & Movies
@1:02:10 Gamer Trivia
@1:15:40 A Nightwing Movies is getting off the ground and will be helmed by Lego Batman director Chris McKay.
- Is this the right move for DC?
- Is Dick Grayson a compelling enough character to hold up his own movie?
- What kind of story would you like to see from this?
- What sort of role will this play in the DCEU?
@1:25:45 Speed Run
Each week we’ll break down ten news stories and facts that just didn’t quite make the list for a segment. We’ve got 1 minute per topic before we move onto the next; finished or not. Gotta go fast…in the Speed Run.
- Mission Impossible: 6 will take a deeper dive into Ethan Hunt and bring back a few returning characters.
- Mortal Kombat creator Ed Boon stated in an IGN interview that if contacted by Capcom he would “put thought” into a Street Fighter/Mortal Kombat Crossover.
- Nioh passes 1 million copies sold in its first month.
- Marvel teases a Hulk/Wolverine hybrid being grown in a lab. Could this be Marvels next big event comic?
- Ed Boon states that Danny Glover was at one point seriously considered to play Raiden in the 1995 Mortal Kombat film.
- Twitch Streamer Piotr Delgado aka Mexican Runner is set to complete his 3 year long goal of completing every single NES game ever made. (714 titles in total.)
- Dragon Quest 5 on Nintendo Switch is larger than the game has memory for. To even play the game you must buy expandable memory as it will not function out of the box.
- Zenimax files an injunction against OculusRift with the goal being that zero consoles make it to the monster
- The Live action Beauty and the Beast remake starring Emma Watson is on track to break over $120 million in its opening weekend.
- Oculus Rift VP Jason Rubin says the first year of VR and specifically the Rift was a success, VR is still the future and the next step is to lower the entry point for the Rift to increase the amount of purchases.