@ 2:30 Bluehole the developer behind the hit PC gamePlayer Unknowns Battleground released Press Statement last week, criticizing the game Fortnite and its developer Epic games for replicating the battle royale free for all from PUBG. Bluehole even threatened legal action.
- It’s should be noted that many people feel that PUBG is directly inspired by the title H1Z1 and pulled a lot of its ideas and gameplay designs from THAT title.
- Does PUBG have a case here? Is Fortnite replicating this popular gameplay mode an issue?
- When does emulation become flat out theft? Don’t all games evolve and update modes based on their popular competitors?
- Was this press release from Bluehole helpful to their cause in any way?
Next Weeks Fave Poll for Episode 48: https://goo.gl/forms/OD1PrXVdj9h2pRHU2
When are and aren’t spoilers considered acceptable?
Matthew Vaughn, director of the upcoming film Kingsman: The Golden Circle was very disappointed with the information revealed in the trailers for the movie. Several major plot spoilers were revealed. Vaughn stated that in the future he will work hard to ensure that the story teller is also the STORY SELLER.
- What are our thoughts on spoilers?
- Does it detract from the experience of the media?
- Is it even possible to live in a spoiler free world?
- When or when aren’t spoilers acceptable?
- What is considered an actual spoiler?
- How LONG should SPOILER courtesy be extended?
Are Video Game being made into movies ever worth it?
With the announcement that Tomb Raider will be getting a big screen reboot, we thought this would be a good time to talk about video game movies.
We’ve had Hitman, Final Fantasy, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Resident Evil and many more and of course Tomb Raider.
So, to date, movies based on video games have typically done very poorly both at the box office and in regard to reviews.
- Why do they do so poorly?
- What needs to happen for a video game to do well at the box office?
- What franchise would do the absolute best as a film franchise?
- Do we think games should even BE movies?
- What are some of our favorite video game movies?
- The upcoming Han Solo spin off film might show the legendary Kessel Run under 12 parsecs feat that the smuggler boasts about.
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole has finally gone Gold! The game has been years in the making and is now manufactured and shipping.
- The Defenders is the least watched of all the Netflix Marvel shows to date, garnering less than 20% of the viewership Daredevil S1 accrued when comparing the opening weeks.
- HBO moves forward to officially create a Watchmen television series.
- Nintendo president Reggilf Fils-Aime stated that even with the Switch being in much higher demand than anticipated, they are over delivering in both production and shipping of the consoles.
- The iPhone 8 is here and the iPhone X is on its way in November. Are these phones the right steps forward for Apple?
- All of the scenes in Justice League featuring Iris West (played by Kiersey Clemons) have been removed from the film according to website Batman News.
- Team Meat the developers behind Super Meat revealed through Twitter that they are working on a Metroidvania title and that fans would be very happy; in a few years.
- Square Enix has decided to move forward with more games that focus on multiplayer and teamplay rather than single player narratives.
- Super Mario Run will be adding a new character to the line up; Princess Daisy! The second place mushroom kingdom royalty will have a new double jump ability to help with those hard to reach coins.